Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Funny Request

We gave a talk at a stake this last Sunday and it was funny, entertaining and successful. After the meeting everyone wanted to visit with us and it was great. We went home. The next day, a lady that had attended the meeting came to the Area to do some volunteer work. She happened to see us and came over to talk to us. She said: "That was the most wonderful meeting. I went home and cried I was so happy. You need to talk to the other people that come to talk and teach them how to speak." Don't you think that is funny?

Another one this week: I talked to a missionary that we have not seen yet on the telephone. His dad was my counselor but the boy was one cup short of a pint. As we were talking he said: "President are you still fat?' I said yes but not as much.

People are funny.

10 comments:

ashleyboice said...

you are way skinnier, then when you were prez. And no surprise about teaching people to speak. At Tami's funeral...I just kept thinking...man those Earl boys really know how to public speak. I really think it is a lost art.

Earl Family said...

I ditto Ashley.

mumovearls said...

Yep I'll ditto with those two!-Nena

Samantha said...

Yeah I wasn't surprised by the speaking request at all!

Tom Earl said...

You are on the top of my list for speaking -

Jason Earl said...

Phat Fly Dope.

Cali said...

I wish I inherited that quality. I think I'm pretty funny in real life, but not so much when I speak in public. ha...Dad, you were a little fluffy when you were el presidente.

Callie said...

What is your email address? I would like to send you some Christmas cheer. dhatches@cableone.net

sheila piper said...

Hi I hope you don't mind that I am look in on you to see what you are doing these days. I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and let you know that Dan has parkinsons and JoAnne is expecting her second little girl in about two weeks. We will be going to Norway in February to see Julie.Love the Pipers

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

sheila, thank you for the update and please check on us from time to time.