Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And the WINNER IS....

So these are the 4 entries in the 2010 give dad a tie for Christmas annual event. The theme of this year's contest was paisley. With that in mind, we have to eliminate the grey tie with little clovers (although I wore it today with my new grey pants and got a lot of comments. One comment I can remember is: "Look the president is wearing a tie he has not spilled on!") Now you have to remember that I have no idea who gave me what tie. Since there are 4 ties and I have 7 children, I am guessing that a couple of the kids went together to sponsor a certain entry. With this in mind, I know I have to reveal which one I wore first. So now we are down to three. An the winner is....The purple one!

Is that what I was supposed to say Isaac?

Just kiddin...I love them all. I also got annual slippers from Grandma Jones. Life is good.

7 comments:

Earl Family said...

Yay! We are the winners! The Jason Earl family sent a purple one from Costco. Right??

Cali said...

The gray tie was from team Emig...a good looking and stylish one. I'm not surprised you got compliments. PS-Ash didn't get you a tie dad, but remember that she spent like weeks and weeks making your blog book????...which is a way better present than a measly tie in my estimation!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Isaac told me he got me the purple one!!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Now as I look at them, I think the two middle ones are both kind of purple! I agree, that Blog book was the bomb. Also, the calendar was so wonderful. We had a great Christmas just knowing everyone was doing good and was ok. We are excited for the new babies this year. Dad d

Mike D said...

i don't think dad actually wore that tie first. between mother, dad and I we all just said that we remember him starting with a different tie haha. It is cause he had them hanging on the tree and he started wearing them before Christmas.

gramyflys said...

Aw, the ties that bind. What a fun contest! Looks like you had a great time with Michael there. Happy New Year to our favorite missionaries. Much love from the elder Emigs...

Captain Emus said...

Like Cali said, we sent the gray one. Not even close to being paisley. We're not very good at following directions, but we know how to pick out a fashionable tie.